Friday, March 30, 2007

The Most Boring 'Catch - Up' Conversation That I'd Ever Had..

It being a Friday, and feeling a little 'free', I decided to YM one of my old schoolmates for a short 'catch-up' on things, before starting work.
I prompted a 'Hi how are you getting on!' to him, hoping to get an elaboration of his life since I last met him (I knew he got married earlier this year, was hoping for an insight into his sex life (NOT!)).
Sure enough, the reply came fast and prompt, a little robotic:

Mr X: So so lor.
Mr X: How abt u?
Sexysiren: not too bad
Sexysiren: where r u located now..? still Sahara?
Mr X: Yes. U in Timbuktu?
Sexysiren: yeayea

Well, we are getting along fine here now aren't we.
And then there's more:

Mr X: How's work?
Sexysiren: not too bad..
Sexysiren: still same com
Mr X: How long hv u attached to the company?

Sexysiren: 2 yrs coming june
Mr X: So this is ur 2nd job in Timbuktu?
Sexysiren: nope
Sexysiren: 3rd
Mr X: 3rd? Wow, I never know that. R all related to IT?

Sexysiren: yea

At this point of time, I was actually hoping that he would stop 'interviewing' me on my work life and perhaps start talking about his pet or something! Plus the WOW part was as enthusiastic and surprised as a hyena being fed a Caesar's Salad! Kind of 'disappointing' for someone who's hopped 5 jobs in her 5 years of 'career'. And he's known me since 1996. Was pretty sure he was utterly shocked to find out that I was (and am still) doing IT all these while!

Mr X: Which part of Timbuktu do you live in?
Sexysiren: bkt anak kambing
Mr X: Is it far from ur company?
Sexysiren: 40 mins
Sexysiren: train n bus
Mr X: Wow, it's quite far.
Sexysiren: nola considerably ok

Just as I thought that it was over, he started 'questioning' me on my work 'ethics' - on coming in at 9 when official hours says 9. Maybe I am exaggerating and being dramatic, but I don't want anyone to fall asleep here!

Mr X: What time do u go to work every morning?
Sexysiren: 8+
Mr X: Start to work at 9?
Sexysiren: 9 officially but flexible
Sexysiren: normally i get in by 930++
Mr X: Flexible working hour?
Sexysiren: yea
Sexysiren: most ppl cum in by 10
Mr X: So u still consider the early one.
Sexysiren: hahah...sometimes

Yes, I like to be the early bird. But sometimes it does get lonely when you are the second person to arrive. Hence the 'sometimes'. (defensive!)

Mr X: How often do u go back to Tibet?
Sexysiren: once a mth

Alright! Enough about me already! Let's talk about your grandmother or something...

Sexysiren: wat abt u
Sexysiren: ur wife is in Sahara too?
Mr X: Average once a month too.
Mr X: Yes.

I chose to not respond to that last statement, lest my friend decides to go paparazzi on me again. I ended the 'stimulating' conversation there and then, so that I could save some of my intellectuality for the work that I am paid for. Or rather to write this post.

1 comment:

pearly said...

LOL!!! errmmm... wonder who could it be...???