Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My Deer Got Married! II

The Big Day

I started off the day with a really bad looking hair. Was contemplating going to the salon for a hairdo and was calculating if I had enough time.
But then, Mum came down with food poisoning; I ended up staying home to see how I could help out before Kel came to pick me up at noon. We were planning to have Chicken Rice Balls for lunch before starting the trip. Dharm and Pearly came along too.

Sure enough, at noon (while I was still doing last minute 'packing') Kel arrived to pick me up *hehehe*. Headed to the little riverside shop, 'braving' the heavy traffic at Jalan Gereja. (don't know why so congested!) Alas! As we descended the bridge, the steel gates of the shop greeted us. It was closed! We decided to settle for the next best thing: The little Nyonya food shop at Kota Laksamana.

It was a cosy little shop, and a little packed when we arrived, but as luck would have it, we managed to get seats when a group of people left. Couldn't decide what to order (we were all going ANYTHING-la haha). Ended up ordering Kari Ikan Asam - don't know what that was but everyone was expecting Ikan Geram Asam. Wasn't too bad a serving; the fish was huge, more than enough for the 4 of us. Ordered the taukua also, which was ermm the conscience-clearing vegetable part of the meal (because we only got two slices timun and 1 slice tomato with our rice!). We had a great time talking about the Wedding of the Year that Dharm attended along with some other 'bitchin' chatter. Normal.

On one occassion when I was chewing *hehe*, I looked up and saw a familiar face. Where have I seen her before popped into my head, and then Pearly went like "Ah Yee"...then another head bobbed out *haha* Auntie Irene! (Kel and Pearly's Mum). Then after that their Uncle and companion joined! What a coincidence, as they too had dropped by the shop for Cendol. What are the odds!

Lunch ended on a light note with Kel's Mum telling him, don't drink *keke* and I had to *look after him*. I decided to adopt him from Auntie Irene there and then and set about looking for a rotan. We said our bye-byes to Auntie Irene, Auntie forgot-her-name, Uncle don't-know-his-name-sorry and companion, and thereafter Dharm and Pearly before setting out to pick Laurence and Cally at Bukit Beruang.

About half an hour or so later, we passed Air Keroh toll and was well on our way to KL.
It had been a couple or so months since I was on that highway.

No comments: