Sunday, August 17, 2008

..What is Married Life..

A friend of mine who was getting married end of this year asked me if there was any difference after marriage. My immediate answer was a no as we'd be living together for about 3 years before taking the big leap. So it actually felt like we've been married for ten years even though the customary was just over six months before!

But to say that there were TOTALLY zero differences is not true. There ARE differences from the period before we were married, and after:

1. I could write anything in my blog or wherever and he would not notice it.
For as long as I do not announce that I have a new post, he wouldn't take notice. Hence this post.

2. Household chores are mine now.
If possible, for as long as I could tolerate it and do not throw a fit, he leaves most of the chores to me: cleaning the dishes, wiping the kitchen, doing the laundry, folding the laundry, boiling the water...It's as if just because I am the missus, I do not get tired. Well, when I do say I am tired, he will say that he has had a badder day.

3. His chores are much worse than mine.
It is amazing how guys is able to give their all in competitive activities like sports, but when it comes to cleaning the house or helping you out, they could make it seem like a feat that imposes a lifetime of torture. There are times when I actually think twice about asking him to help me out, knowing that I will be better off doing it myself. When he does do it, he actually expects me to be involved as well. Chores have turned into a one-way street.

4. He does not notice my callused hands.
Because his are also no longer soft. Or if you are not feeling well with fever, he will say he has chikungunya. It always has to be much worse for him, and either because of his dorkiness or simply ignorance, he fails to notice that you cannot breathe. High chance he may only realise it when you drop dead.

1 comment:

pearly said...

yup sounds familiar