Monday, January 16, 2006

2006 - My Year's Resolutions

It is that time of the year again where you make up your mind on things. Other days in the year; you are that fickle minded creature who could not even decide whether vanilla or chocolate ice cream tasted better! (NOT!)

Hence, I hereby produce my delayed list of things to do or improve on in this hopefully fulfilling Year of the Dog:

Personals


1. To regain my long lost 55 kg at 170 cm.
The last time I was at that physique was in 1997. It went downhill - more like up! after that.

2. To go jog around Binjai Park with Kel to achieve #1.
Amazingly enough, I always have valid excuses to not do it. Wonder why.

3. To cut down number of meals from 10 to 5 small meals per day.
Another attempt to achieve #1. Here I am thinking what to eat for tonight. Do not think it would work.

4. To cut down on the loose cannon tendency.
One of my major weaknesses apart from nos. 1-3. It would not do people around me any good. Neither would it do me any good.

5. To not underestimate others' abilities.
Sometimes, when I am in the mood, I would think that I am the only one in this Universe with the ability to do things that I think I am capable off. Cocky.

6. To be less sarcastic and not act witty
Humbug? Okay, okay I'd try!

7. To treat Wesson better even though I do not like what he's turned into.
Be more civil towards him, less sarcasm. He is after all a fearless married man.

8. To clean the house every weekend.
Hmmmmmmm......bummers!

Work

1. To work.
Hey, that is what I do everyday! I do it well too.

2. To come to work before 9.30 a.m. every day.
The more I try this, the later I come in. I arrived at 9.50 a.m. this morning even though I woke up at 7!

3. To complete jobs before the deadline.
This is one achievement I should seriously think about.

4. To be friendly to everyone in the office.
Even when I get a cold Jack the Ripper look. (I am starting to sound like Kimchi in that book I read)

5. To stop thinking of things to write in my blog during work.
Would try to not think and type the resolutions for the Year in the office.

Would I achieve all of the above?
Stay tuned at the end of 2006.

No comments: